There are 5 weeks until summer, so this challenge was created to motivate you to get Fit for summer! This video is a brief demonstration of the 5 exercises that you will perform at each session. There are 5 exercises, 5 repetitions each, 5 sets, 5 days per week for 5 weeks. The exercises target most of the major muscle groups and as there is no rest period, the cardiovascular system works as well. If you are a beginner, do only one set of the 5 exercises and follow the modifications below.
IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER USE THE BELOW MODIFICATIONS FOR EACH EXERCISE:
- For the push up use a wall or perform this exercise on your hands and knees instead of hands and feet and only press halfway.
- For the squat, feet are shoulder width apart, toes forward, bending at hips as if you are about to sit in a chair. Keep knees behind toes and weight on your heels. Squat halfway to a point where it is still comfortable.
- For jumping jacks, you can modify by stepping out to the sides as you raise arms above head, or add a slight hop instead of jumping. This is lower impact with less stress on the joints
- For the triceps dip, use a bench, aerobic step or staircase. As you place hands on edge of step, extend feet to the point where knees are bent and feet are flat on the floor and lower halfway and return
- For the squat crunch, only go down halfway in the squat.
After you finish your exercise session, once per day or at least once a week, challenge someone you know by sharing this post.
Let’s keep this challenge alive and get everyone Fit for summer!
Latest posts by Marianne Morano (see all)
- FIT Five: Five Actions, Five Minutes Per Day, Five Days Per Week! - May 8, 2017
- Metabolic Burn - May 8, 2017
- - May 8, 2017