This recipe is a variation to traditional Mexican salsa, Italian style. With all the flavors of Italian home cooking, this salsa served hot or cold will surely get your taste buds dancing!
- 1 eggplant with skin, chopped
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion stalk, chopped
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap, chopped
- 2 TBSP grated Locatelli Romano or Parmigiano Cheese
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese
- Olive oil to coat pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Handful each of chopped fresh parsley and basil
In a saute pan, saute garlic in oil until golden. Add scallion and saute 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook 3 minutes. Add eggplant, mushroom and roasted pepper and cook until tender. Add spices and cook through. Add grated cheese and heat through. Plate the salsa and top with Feta cheese.
This eggplant salsa may be served hot alone, or over pasta, Farro or rice. It may also be served cold with Italian sliced garlic toasts or Pita chips.
Latest posts by Marianne Morano (see all)
- FIT Five: Five Actions, Five Minutes Per Day, Five Days Per Week! - May 8, 2017
- Metabolic Burn - May 8, 2017
- - May 8, 2017